In your own interest, please read the following rules carefully and please
study the conditions for each class. They will be strictly enforced.
Rules of the Show
- All exhibits must be the property of the Exhibitor and must have been in his/her possession for at least two months.
- The Committee reserves the right to inspect the gardens or allotments of all Exhibitors one week before the date of the Show. All paper entries to be in by Friday 12th July 2019. Online Entries can be accepted up to Wednesday 17th July 2019. No entries after this date or on the show day will be accepted.
- The Committee reserves the right to refuse any entry or exhibit and, in the event of such right being exercised, the Committee is not required to give any reason or explanation.
- Any objection must be made in writing to one of the Committee not later than 4.30 pm on the day of the Show.
Exhibitors must supply their own plates, vases etc. Exhibits may be staged from 8.00 am on the day of the Show. No exhibit may be staged after 10.00 am and must remain staged until 5.00 pm, unless otherwise authorised by the Chairman. Judging will commence at 10.30 am and no person may be in the tent when this takes place, unless in an official capacity.
Horticultural Classes will be judged according to the rules and standards contained in the Royal Horticultural Show handbook 2016 (available from the Committee), except where, under this schedule, they obviously do not apply. Numbers of vegetables and fruit are as listed unless otherwise specified in the section. In the event of close competition, naming of varieties and arrangement will score points.
- The Judges’ decision will be final.
- No Exhibitor may have more than one entry in any one class.
Entries, other than pot plants, must not have been previously exhibited at the Chipstead Flower Show.
In Classes where only one entry is received, a First Prize shall not necessarily be given, but it shall be left to the Judges to award a prize according to the standard of the exhibit.
Trophies and children’s prizes will be presented at 4.30 pm. Any prizes not collected will be held by one of the Secretariat for collection, and if not collected within one month will be treated as a contribution to funds. All trophies must be handed back promptly on presentation or at the conclusion of the prize giving. These trophies will be engraved and will be available for collection from Mrs Rosine Traisneau, 22 Portnalls Rise, Coulsdon, CR5 3DA, Tel: 01737 556575, by prior appointment between 1st August and 30th September 2019. NOTE: All trophies awarded in 2018 must be returned to Mrs R. Traisneau not later than 30th June 2019.
The Committee will take all reasonable care of exhibits but will not be responsible for any loss or damage from any cause whatsoever. They will not be responsible for any accident arising from any cause whatsoever to any person assisting, exhibiting or visiting the show, or for any loss or damage howsoever caused to the property of any person. Any photographs taken at the show remain the property of Chipstead (Surrey) Flower Show Committee and may be used for advertising now and in the future.
- No dogs or smoking allowed in the Show Marquee.
FOR SCHOOLS ONLY – Entries in Sections F and G should be made based on the age of the child when the work was completed. Please date the entries.
Entry forms WILL NOT be accepted via our email address - only via the online entry form or the form printed in the schedule.
Note: Entry cards will be available for collection outside the Marquee on the Saturday morning of the show day.